wsj

wsj

1. In 1986, PepsiCo was indicted on charges of conspiring to fix softdrink prices in Virginia and obstructing a federal grand jury investigation of the alleged antitrust violations (WSJ 29 October 1986).

1986年,百事公司被控企图操纵弗吉尼亚州饮料价格,并制造障碍阻挠联邦大陪审团调查此项违反反垄断法行为(华尔街日报1986年10月29日)。

2. Related Links Retail Sales in Checkout Lane Yes, but Is It Art? The WSJ Still Has Editorial Independence

?Retail Sales in checkout Lane ?Yes, but Is It Art? ?The WSJ Still Has Editorial Independence

3. WSJ: What is the most important attribute of a good manager?

WSJ:一位优秀经理人最重要的品质是什么?

4. WSJ: What are the toughest decisions you have to make as a manager?

WSJ:作为管理者,你做过的最困难的决策是什么?

5. WSJ: What are you reading now?

WSJ:你们现在在读什么书?

6. WSJ: What was your first job and what did you learn from it?

WSJ:你们的第一份工作是什么?你们从中学到了什么?

7. WSJ: What piece of knowledge do you wish every prospective employee knew?

WSJ:你希望自己的潜在雇员具备哪方面的知识?

8. WSJ: Chris, you once played water polo for Australia.

WSJ:克里斯,你曾经代表澳大利亚参加过水球比赛。

9. WSJ: What are some important things you learned early on in your career?

WSJ:在早期的职业生涯中,你学到了哪些重要的东西?

10. WSJ: How do you motivate employees when you're the underdog in the online-search market?

“必应”在搜索引擎领域还是一个“小弟弟”,你如何激励手下的员工?

11. WSJ: In 1993, Beijing lost in its first bid to host an Olympic Games. Tell us a little more about what it was like to bid for the second time.

《华尔街日报》:1993年,北京在首次申奥的时候失败了.请谈谈第二次申奥的情况.

12. WSJ: With just months to the Olympics, what are some challenges that remain?

《华尔街日报》:距离奥运会开幕只有几个月时间了,目前还面临着哪些问题?

13. WSJ: How do you oversee two companies when one is based in Tokyo and the other based in Paris?

《华尔街日报》:一家公司在东京,一家在巴黎,你如何管理这两家公司呢?

14. WSJ: Why has the Renault-Nissan alliance survived for so long while other alliances such as DaimlerChrysler have failed?

《华尔街日报》:为什么雷诺和日产之间的“联姻”能维持这么长时间,而像戴姆勒和克莱斯勒这样的“联姻”却以失败告终?

15. WSJ: What is your assessment of the U.S. auto market?

《华尔街日报》:你如何评价美国的汽车市场?

16. WSJ: Are you comfortable with the battery technology as it exists?

《华尔街日报》:你对现有的电池技术满意吗?

17. WSJ: How long do you plan to remain CEO of both Renault and Nissan?

《华尔街日报》:你计划还会担任雷诺和日产的“双料”首席执行长多久?

18. WSJ: Is there commercial demand for an electric vehicle?

《华尔街日报》:市场对电动车有没有需求?

19. WSJ: Can the emerging markets continue to grow at those rates?

《华尔街日报》:新兴市场能保持住目前的增长率吗?

20. WSJ: Can all the auto makers survive in such a tough market?

《华尔街日报》:是否每个汽车生产商都能在这种恶劣的环境下挺过来?

21. WSJ: Who is hurting the most in this market?

《华尔街日报》:汽车市场上受挫最严重的是哪些公司?

22. WSJ: How is the arrangement working for now?

《华尔街日报》:目前的管理方式是如何运作的?

23. WSJ: So what will the U.S. auto industry look like in three years?

《华尔街日报》:那么未来三年,美国汽车工业的前景将如何?

24. WSJ: What about the non-U.S. auto market?

《华尔街日报》:那么美国之外的汽车市场情况又会如何呢?

25. WSJ: What will the Renault-Nissan electric car look like?

《华尔街日报》:雷诺和日产会生产什么样的电动车?

26. WSJ: Some people fear a say on pay creates a dangerous precedent that could interfere with management.

一些人担心将薪酬政策付诸股东表决会开创一个危险的先例,日后有可能使企业的经营管理受到干扰。

27. Silvers declined to comment for a WSJ story about the list.

但他拒绝向华尔街日报对此排名做出评论。

28. But there’s an equally big caveat: The FDA has never approved an over-the-counter statin, and has rejected two separate applications to take Mevacor OTC, the WSJ points out.

但华尔街日报指出,有一个同样大的难度是:美国食品药品监督管理局从未批准过非处方类他汀类药,并拒绝了两个不同的非处方类洛伐他汀的申请。

29. WSJ: Considering you're the biggest individual stockholder, with about 9.9 million shares and exercisable options, why did directors give you options last year?

你是公司的最大个人股东,持有约990万股公司股票和可执行期权,为什么公司董事会去年还要授予你期权?

30. WSJ NY: Ford Motor announced that they are going to build a car factory in Chongqing, China.

华尔街日报消息,福特汽车近日决定在重庆开设车厂。

31. WSJ: Would you prefer to be remembered as a philosopher than as a successful speculator or philanthropist?

华:你是否比较向往被人称为哲学家,而不是成功的投机家或者慈善主义者?

32. WSJ: Is reflexivity really behind your success, or are you just a good trader?

华:反射论真的是你成功的秘诀吗?还是你就是一个能干的商人?

33. WSJ: How do you stay levelheaded in the middle of a bubble?

华:在泡沫时期你怎么保持清醒的头脑?

34. WSJ: In 2007, you acquired Aker Yards. How does buying a foreign company differ from buying a Korean company?

在2007年,你收购了挪威的阿克尔船厂。收购外国公司和收购韩国公司有什么不同呢?

35. WSJ: What do you look for when considering job candidates?

在招聘新员工时,你看重的是哪些方面?

36. WSJ: In this challenging economic environment, have you had to cut costs?

在这个充满挑战的经济环境下,你是否不得不考虑削减成本?

37. To read more about the announcement, see this article from the WSJ.

多读些有关上述宣布时,看到这条从华尔街日报。

38. A new study suggests why, the WSJ reports.

威塞尔斯布隆病毒所(WSJ)报道的一项新的研究解释了这一点。

39. For me, rate reductions ended the day Martin Feldstein opined in the WSJ that the Fed had gone far enough.

对我来说,自从MartinFeldstein在华尔街日报发表观点后,降息已经结束。

40. WSJ: What are key considerations for an M&A deal?

并购应考虑哪些重要因素?

41. WSJ: In your Windows business, you're competing against a vibrant Apple. Google has Chrome that they are working on. How does the competitive landscape right now feel?

我们不得不在研发、销售和营销方面做出一些艰难的抉择。不过,我们仍有能力做我认为对微软来说确实重要的事情。

42. Sponsored by: Beijing WSJ United Strategy For Exhibition Co., Ltd.

承办单位:北京伟士佳合展览策划有限公司。

43. Microsoft (MSFT) is selling bonds for the first time today, the WSJ reports.

据华尔街日报报道,今天微软开始第一次出售债券。

44. Payable to: Beijing WSJ United Strategy For Exhibition Co., Ltd.

收款单位:北京伟士佳合展览策划有限公司。

45. How come the news is so different in Chinese and in English? This is today's WSJ.

是啊,上个月还说只有中国增持,日俄大幅减持呢.

46. Nobody knows exactly, but a federally funded study aims to find out, Lee Hotz writes today in his WSJ science column.

没人知道确切的答案,但今天LeeHotz在WSJ科学专栏中说,一项由联办政府基金资助的研究打算寻找此答案。

47. “There's been more speculation in this field than scientific data,” he told the WSJ.

生物技术的本质就把一个有机体的遗传物质粘接到另一个有机体上面。

48. WSJ: What executive-pay practices will you ask investors to approve?

管理层薪酬制度哪些方面的问题会交由投资者表决?

49. The WSJ's Gregory Zuckerman writes: "Harry Markopolos, who years ago worked for arival firm, researched Mr.Madoff's stock-options strategy and was convinced the results likely weren't real.

约翰.朱克曼写道,”几年前,arival公司的HarryMarkopolos曾研究过麦道夫的投资策略,指出其投资成果并非真实。

50. Sears overcharged almost 90 percent of the time, and it pressured repair personnel to overcharge by setting punitive sales quotas (WSJ 12 June 1992).

西尔斯公司几乎超过百分之90的时间是超额收费的,它还通过制定惩罚性的销售限额,迫使维修工超额收费(华尔街日报1992年6月12日)。

51. WSJ: Is there an instance when you felt you let your company or colleagues down?

记者:在你身上有没有发生过让公司或者同事失望的事情?

52. WSJ: In your industry, is there a difference between Asia and the rest of the world?

记者:在你这个行业,亚洲市场与其他市场是否有不同?

53. The company says it will present new data to address earlier concerns that consumers wouldn’t take the drug properly, according to the WSJ.

该公司称,它将在新的数据来处理较早关注到消费者不会服用此药不当,根据有关华尔街日报。

54. The WSJ identifies new problems as people who bought tickets for Olympic events could not get their tickets if the name on their application form was not exactly the same as the one on their passport.

该华尔街日报识别新问题,随着人们谁买了门票奥运活动无法取得门票,如果他们的姓名,他们的申请表格是不完全一样,一个对他们的护照。

55. WSJ: Who has most influenced your management style?

谁对你的管理风格影响最大?

56. WSJ: What was the first merger and acquisition deal you participated in, and what did you learn from it?

谈谈你参与的第一桩并购交易,你从中学到了什么?

57. Going against the principle of network neutrality , Google has approached key internet carriers with a proposal to create a fast lane for its own content, reports WSJ .

违反网络中立性的原则,谷歌用一个提议处理关键的互联网运营商为了它自己的内容创造一条快车道,报告华尔街日报.

58. WSJ: What are the most important attributes of a good manager?

问:一个好的经理人最重要的品质是什么?

59. WSJ: What advice would you give someone entering your field?

问:你会对那些刚刚进入这一领域的新人提些什么建议?

60. WSJ: What do you wish every new hire knew?

问:你希望每一个新人都了解些什么?

61. WSJ: What was your first job and the biggest lesson you learned from it?

问:你的第一份工作是什么?你从中得到的最大的教训是什么?

62. WSJ: Have you ever had a bad boss?

问:你碰到过不好的上司吗?

英语宝典
考试词汇表